Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What to do? What to do?

The role of a father is one of great importance because they are responsible for providing direction and guidance for their children. Sometimes children will follow the lead of their fathers, but there are times when they need a little nudge. There are other times when a child makes decisions based on prior knowledge and previous experiences disregarding the instruction that has been provided by the father. Does this mean that the child does not trust the father? Certainly not! It simply means that children must have experiences that teach them fathers look out for their best interest and would by no means place them in harms way.

This father is preparing his son to steal home. Here is prior knowledge, previous experiences, and trust in action!


"Son, get ready! Take off when I tell you to go!"

"Son, what are you doing?"
"Dad, I didn't think I could make it. The catcher had the ball! I'll go on the next pitch."


"Uh-oh! Forget the next pitch; the catcher has the ball again!"


"I better get back to third base before I get thrown out!"


"Okay, I'm stealing home this time!"


"Uh! No, I'm not!"


"Yes, I am! What to do? What to do?"


"Whew, I made it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment